Lab 14: Self Organising Maps: build a SOM in java.
- Open up a new project and make a new class.
- Allocate an array of two-dimensional nodes. Initialize
- Similarly, create an array of two-dimensional inputs.
- Take the first input and see what node is nearest to it.
- Move the node toward the data.
- Put this in a loop to repeat for all the inputs.
- Print out the modified nodes.
- Repeat the process with the learning rate going to zero slowly.
- Add a Mexican Hat function so that nodes near the best matching node
also move toward the data, and those just a bit further away
are pushed away.
- Start with actual random nodes.
- Try input data in a line, or some other shape.
- Plot the results (manually if necessary).
- Try 3D nodes and data.