The Vision System
- When I actually got the grant (around January 2006), I realized that
I had to implement a vision system, and I'm a computational linguist.
- However, I did my best to follow the biology and after a month
or so of hacking, I had a
wire frame object detection system.
- Dan Diaper helped me through the maths of the retinal system and
an implementation of on-off center surround detectors.
- I used a primary visual cortex (V1) for line and angle detectors.
- I then passed the information through to an ojbect recognizer
(that we still incorrectly call secondary visual cortex).