Retina and Primary Visual Cortex
- The Crystal Space scene is captured from the agent's camera and
saved as a jpg.
- The jpg is translated to a 50x50 bitmap and that is the
visual input that doesn't change until a new jpg arrives.
- The retina takes input only from the bitmap.
- The retina in all three CABots is a set of 6 types of
- They vary by on-centre off-surround vs off-center on-surround,
and by three sizes of receptive field: 3x3, 6x6, and 9x9.
- Primary visual cortex mostly takes input from the retina.
- It is broken into line detectors, edge detectors and angle
- There are several variants of each of these.