Short Term and Structural Plasticity
- Synapses also change over short times spans and then
revert back to their earlier state.
- The short term plasticity does interact with adaptation.
- It can occur over seconds, minutes, or even hours.
- Also, the actual connectivity of biological neural networks
- New synapses grow, and existing ones die.
- New neurons grow, and old ones die.
- Death can happen from trauma, but also happens regularly.
- These changes need to be account for in neural modelling.