Introduction and Simple Point Neuron Models
- The brain and the rest of the nervous system is made up of
neurons. (Glia, blood vessels, and other things effect the
- The standard academic thinking is that almost all cognitive
(and a lot of sub-cognitive) activity is done with those neurons.
- The academic community has a good understanding of neurons, but
it is far from complete.
- The academic community does not have a good understanding of how
neurons work together to think.
- We're interested in modelling neurons on computers.
- Hopefully we can make some progress on understanding how neurons
work together to think.