Cell Assembly roBots
- We have been calling our current EPSRC project the CABot
- The initial design of the project called for three
prototypes to be developed.
- Each prototype had a new set of components, and only
the final one would have been a complete agent.
- One of the project reviewers said we'd never do it, so
I kept the three prototype plan, but made each a better
- I completed the first one in July 2007 on schedule (see
- CABot1 executed about 12 commands. Some (like turn left) succeeded on
the best nets above 99% of the time. Others (like go to the
pyramid) succeeded around half the time on even the best nets,
and always failed on some nets.
- We finished CABot2, again on time, in July 2008 (see
- We removed most of the randomness, so it succeeds almost all the
time on any net we tested.
- We left some symbolic things in (a reset of STP changed weights
- It does some learning with learning how to center things.
- CABot3 is scheduled to complete on May 31st, but we'll probably push
that back as it looks like we can extend the grant a few months.