Difficulty of Getting AIs
- Developing real AI is going to be really hard.
- Real AI is hard because humans are really smart.
- We learn lots of things, are rapid, experienced, and are really
tuned to the environment.
- Moreover, we have a lot of influence on our environment.
- I just want to say that I'm not criticising soft AI. There are
lots of great AI systems, but I'm talking about passing the Turing
- I hypothesize that the best way to go about it is to follow the
human model closely.
- That means we need to develop systems that:
- Works in an environment.
- Reflects human neural performance.
- Reflects human psychological peformance. (Cognitive Models)
- These are big tasks,
- but that's what I'm working toward, though a long way from it.