Dual Trace and Dual Stable State Memory
European Society for the Study of Cognitive Systems 20th annual workshop.
- How do people form concepts?
- More generally how does the brain work?
- It is clear that neurons are the basis of the brain, and
there is a great deal of work and existing knowledge about how
- However, we do not have a very good understanding about how
neurons work together.
- The Cell Assembly (CA) is a larger
structure than the neuron that provides a conceptual bridge between
neurons and the brain.
- The CA is the basis of concepts and other things.
- We do not really understand how CAs work.
- In particular we do not understand what a theory of CAs would
like, and what problems it would solve.