CAs for Associative Memory
- Lots of simulations of CAs for categorisation have been done.
- It's pretty easy to learn to recognise categories.
- Similarly, some work has been done with Associative Memory.
- CAs will activate other CAs that related, given the right
conditions. (Remember, CAs shouldn't just activate other
- However, humans do a lot more than categorisation.
- We exhibit variable binding.
- We exhibit hierarchies and cognitive maps.
- We exhibit rule-based behavior.
- Can CAs do these things?